- New Essays on Billy Budd (The American Novel).
- Bayesian Maximum Entropy Analysis and Mapping: A Farewell to Kriging Estimators?.
- Rule-Governed Behavior: Cognition, Contingencies, and Instructional Control.
- When Harry Met Jason.
Buy with confidence, excellent customer service! World Scientific Publishing Company, May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be ex-library.
World Scientific Publishing Company. Ships Fast. Expedite Shipping Available.
- A Farewell to Entropy: Statistical Thermodynamics Based on Information : S.
- A Farewell to Entropy: Statistical Thermodynamics Based on Infomation?
World Scientific Publishing Company, Incorporated. World Scientific Publishing Company , Like New. The principal message of this book is that thermodynamics and statistical mechanics will benefit from replacing the unfortunate, misleading and mysterious term "entropy" with a more familiar, meaningful and appropriate term such as information, missing information or uncertainty.
This replacement wo. Show all copies.
Arieh Ben-Naim - Wikipedia
The author also takes a new and bold approach to thermodynamics and statistical mechanics. Information is used not only as a tool for predicting distributions but as the fundamental cornerstone concept of thermodynamics, held until now by the term OC entropy.
OCOThe topics covered include the fundamentals of probability and information theory; the general concept of information as well as the particular concept of information as applied in thermodynamics; the re-derivation of the Sackur-Tetrode equation for the entropy of an ideal gas from purely informational arguments; the fundamental formalism of statistical mechanics; and many examples of simple processes the OC driving forceOCO for which is analyzed in terms of information.
Ukaguzi Sera ya Maoni.
- More titles to consider;
- Navigation menu!
- The Rise of the Global Left: The World Social Forum and Beyond.
- Farewell To Entropy, A by Ben-Naim, Arieh.
- Shopping Cart.
- Health, Illness and Culture: Broken Narratives (Routledge Studies in Health and Social Welfare);
- Shopping Cart?
Published on. Original pages. Best For.
Web, Tablet. Content Protection.